Are Text-Only Posts Dead on Facebook and other Concerns with Reach
I know a lot of people are concerned about the changes announced this week saying that text-only updates will no longer get as much reach. Here's my take on it…
While that may be true as a general rule, it's quite possible that YOUR page won't see the same results as another page. I know some pages that are reporting incredibly HIGH reach with their text-only posts compared to photo posts, etc. My recommendation is that you keep a close eye on your Insights for the next few weeks and see what happens. (Actually, I recommend that you ALWAYS keep an eye on your stats. Make a habit of checking them at least once per week.) Post a good mix of content – some text-only posts, some link posts and some photo posts – and see what happens to YOUR reach and engagement numbers.
Don't know how to check your Insights stats? Check out this free training: http://a.pgtb.me/PNFP9k
The other thing I recommend? Don't obsess too much about reach!
Yes, you want more than a handful of fans to see your posts, but I would argue that if you had to pick between reach and engagement to obsess over, then you should be much more concerned with engagement rates!
- Are you asking questions that encourage comments?
- Are you sharing content that people just can't help but like & share?
- Do you really know what your engagement rates are? It's quite possible people are clicking your links, they're just not commenting/liking/sharing.
- Focus more on engagement and you will NATURALLY get more reach as well!
Still want more reach? Try these things…
- Check your Insights and make sure you're posting at the best times. Learn when YOUR fans tend to be online and post around those times.
- Post more frequently, at least 2-4 times per day, but make sure it's high-quality, engaging content. Don't get spammy and post for posting's sake.
- An hour or two after you post on your page, share that post to your personal profile.
- Join Facebook groups filled with your ideal clients, be incredibly helpful, and share your content there as well. Network and be more visible!
Need more help and advice like this? Schedule a FREE 30-Minute consultation so that we can discuss your biggest social media struggles and how I can help!
Comment and let me know – are you still concerned about reach? Do you keep an eye on your Insights and track stats beyond the prominent reach numbers?
Author: Julie Lowe