Starting out fresh in the new year
4 THINGS I AM LEAVING BEHIND IN 2015
- Money mindsets that only serve to hold me back. I increased my business income 228% in 2015 from 2014! That’s crazy! So why do I doubt for even 1 minute that I can’t hit my scary big goals for 2016? I’m leaving those doubts behind.
- Self-limiting beliefs that I can only have a certain level of success, or happiness, or ease in my life. My word for 2016 is THRIVE. I’m on a quest to find out what I really and truly want each day to look like and to create a life I truly love in every way!
- A lifestyle that puts my health and well-being last. I’ve put my overall health and fitness on the back burner the past 2 years while I built my business and gained more weight than I’d care to admit in the process. I don't feel as good as I'd like in a million different ways. I'm leaving that behind.
- The belief that just being “me” isn’t enough somehow. I finally seemed to grasp just a few months ago the concept that what I am is enough. That Sally Hogshead was right all along when she said that the secret is to just be “more you” – and the very traits I’d considered to be “boring” (friendly, loyal, conscientious, detail-oriented) are actually my greatest assets. And thanks to my brilliant coach, Marisa Murgatroyd, I finally found how to more fully express that in my branding.
4 THINGS I AM BRINGING INTO 2016
- While I’ve done a great deal of personal work in the past year when it comes to mindset, letting go of old stories, etc. I am making both my physical and mental/spiritual health a priority in the new year. I’m bringing a new mindset into 2016 that my personal development is just as important, if not more important, than my business development. It’s honestly a somewhat scary concept for me, but an important shift I know I need to make.
- More systems and people for support. I finally came to admit this year that I can’t do it all alone and the relief I’ve gotten has been AMAZING! I’m ready for more of that. 🙂 I’m ready to scale up my business to make it more efficient, profitable, to help more people, and to support the lifestyle I want to live – which includes freedom and downtime that better systems can help make a reality.
- A daily routine that supports me and that I actually STICK WITH for a change! I’m still figuring out exactly what that will look like, but I know that scheduling in ALL of my priorities will be key. Honoring my personal priorities equal to my business commitments has always been a struggle, but I’m committing to making it work.
- My WHY. From a business perspective, my why has always been focused on a real need to be of service. A desire to see others succeed and to take away some of their struggle. I am passionate about helping entrepreneurs thrive, and I will continue to keep that top of mind.
From a personal perspective, my why in getting started was a desire for more freedom. To spend my days how I choose. To have more time for my family. To find some sort of balance in life.
It’s SO easy to get caught up in “hustling” when you’re getting your business off the ground, knowing it will pay off later, and then somehow missing the opportunity when that day has finally arrived and to just keep hustling instead.
I really kind of hate that word…hustle. It glorifies the mentality that we need to work 24/7, to always be “on”, and that busy is a good thing. Hard work is not a bad thing – I’m nothing if not a hard worker – but let’s stop glorifying busy and start living lives where we’re truly THRIVING and loving life.
What are you leaving behind in 2015 and bringing into 2016?